Where do I even begin? I was so excited to be brought on board for this amazing styled shoot for Real Maine Weddings Magazine at the Beech Hill Barn Maine Event Venue in Pittston, Maine. I didn't really know what to expect from my first styled shoot for video, since weddings are a much different format, and I was excited for the challenge. On the day of the shoot, it was a bit unseasonably cold, having been in the 70's for several days prior, but that didn't damper the life and beauty of the day. The views from the main house at Beech Hill Barn are absolutely breathtaking. Spirits and energy were high among all the people there, and you could feel the life being breathed into the barn itself, like a beautiful giant waking from a wintry nap.
So many masterful vendors had pooled their vast resources and talents to put this together, and it was so awesome to see the extremely hard work and craft these folks do for each and every wedding, and the resulting stunning quality. I was all perfect for the venue's big debut. I had visited Priscilla, one of the owners of BHB, about a month prior to the shoot, and the rate and quality at which she, her husband, Jay and their team remodeled and finished out the barn was mind-blowing. I cannot even begin to describe the quality of everything there. Literally everything, from bathroom fixtures to the flooring and lights, to the paver stones on the patio - they have though through and executed perfectly on it all. They had gotten everything finished just in time for the shoot, and even held their first open house to vendors and couples alike in the evening.
It was great to work along side some industry friends that I already know and love, as well as connecting with some new ones! These are the incredibly talented folks who came together to make this grand reveal and styled shoot so wonderful:
So without further ado, here is a sampling of all the beauty that happened that day, in the narrative of a wedding taking place. Enjoy!
• Film by yours truly: 207Weddings
• Concept, Design, Flowers & Furniture: Laurie Andrews Event Design
• Coordination & Catering: Blue Elephant
• Photography: Focus Photography
• Beauty: House of J. Henry
• Tent & Rentals: Savvy Event Rental
• Wedding Gown: Andrea's Bridal
• Men's Formal Wear: Antoine's Formal Wear
• Lighting: Event Lighting Concepts
• Invitation and Paper Goods: Lauren Rachel Designs
• Cake & Dolce: Cakes For All Seasons
• Transportation: Maine Limousine
• Catering: Fire & Co
• Event Music: Music Man DJ Services
• Models: Jessika Snow, Taryn Trafton, Sam Butts and Mariah Moore